- Leader Company: NeoDoc
- Partner company(ies): IGDoc
- Customer name: Cuenod
- Requesting department: Documentation department
- Area of business: Heavy industry
- Length of project: August 2017 - March 2020
- Users of the solution (end users): Technicians, Writers and Project Managers.
- Filter documentation content by product and range
- reduce writing time
- better manage translations
- Support in documentation production
- Training for Calenco
- Development of style sheets
- Technical writing
- Description of the method (in a few lines): Support in documentation production Breakdown of documents into reusable modules. Development of style sheets Application of writing standards to documentation. Multilingual management of documentation.
Resources allocated (number and function - internal or customer resource):
- Head of documentation at Cuenod
- Spare parts and documentation at Cuenod
- CEO at NeoDoc
- Neodoc Project Manager
- IGDoc Project Manager
- Technical writer at IGDoc
- Required workgroups/workshops: Documentation audit by IGDoc, Calenco training, Implementation of documentation structure, filtering and reuse, development of style sheets.
- Calenco software
- Cuenod product manuals, PDF style sheets (white brand).
- Automating PDF editing to avoid wasting time with manual editing;
- Optimising and reducing time spent to focus on the content and not style, by offering automatic style models;
- Easy creation by mere assembly of pre-existing modules
- Document range selection thanks to logical sorting by product, version, end-user type, etc.
- More than 50% of reduction in writing time;
- Reuse of more than 80% of existing updated content.
- Standardisation of structure and graphic charter for all documents regardless of the writer;
- Ensuring compliance with the propagation of changes and updates to all related documentation;
- Ensuring standardised application of the graphic and style charter for all documents produced.
- Reliability of disseminated information;